Maki Habib is a Professor of Professor of Mechatronics and Robotics in Mechanical Engineering Department. He earned his B.Sc. in 1978 from University of Technology-Baghdad, his M.Sc. in 1981 from University of Technology-Baghdad and his Ph.D in 1989 from University of Tsukuba, Japan.
• Intelligent Control, Biomimetics, Autonomous and Service Robots,
• Human Adaptive and Friendly Mechatronics,
• Distributed Teleoperation and Collaborative Control
• Intelligent sensors systems, and Wireless Sensor Networks and Ambient Intelligence.
• Industrial Robots and Automation.
• Humanitarian Demining
• MAKI K. HABIB (ed.), “Bioinspiration and Robotics: Walking and Climbing Robots”, ARS and I-TECH Publishers, September 2007.
• MAKI K. HABIB (ed.), “Humanitarian Demining, Innovative Solutions and the Challenges of Technology", ARS Publisher, Feb. 2008.
• MAKI K. HABIB and JAWAID I. INAYAT-HUSSAIN “Nonlinear Dynamics and Fuzzy Logic Based Control for Suppressing Non-synchronous Rotor response in Active Magnetic Bearings,” The Journal of Machine Intelligence and Robotic Control (MICROC), Vol. 6, No.3, 2004 (Appeared May 2007), pp. 87-99.
• CHEE PIN TAN and MAKI K. HABIB, “The Development of Fault Tolerant Control Scheme and its Implementation on a Flexible arm Robot”, Journal of Advanced Robotics, International Science Publisher, Vol. 21, No. 8, 2007, pp. 887–904.
• MAKI K. HABIB, “Fiber Grating Based Vision System for Real Time Tracking, Monitoring and Obstacle Detection”, IEEE Sensor Journal, Vol. 7, No. 1, Jan. 2007, pp. 105-121.
• MAKI K. HABIB, “Mechatronics: A Unifying Interdisciplinary and Intelligent Engineering Paradigm”, IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, Vol. 1, Issue 2, Sumer 2007, pp. 12-24.
• CHEE PIN TAN and MAKI K. HABIB, “Robust sensor fault reconstruction applied in real-time to an inverted pendulum”, Journal of Mechatronics, Elsevier Publisher, Vol. 17, No. 7, 2007, pp. 368-380.